top of page

Group

Public·100 members
Sebastian Kelly
Sebastian Kelly

Buying Clearance And Selling On Ebay ^NEW^

It seems too easy to be true that you could make millions by raiding the clearance aisle at your local Walmart or Target and then selling your haul on Amazon. But that's exactly what 30-year-old Ryan Grant is doing.

buying clearance and selling on ebay

And, those sales figures have only continued to grow, as Grant recently told CNBC Make It that he expects his business to reach roughly $8.5 million in annual revenue by the end of 2019 (sales are up almost 45% over last year). Over the past couple of years, Grant says, the fastest-growing aspect of his business has been the part focusing on wholesale arbitrage, which involves Grant buying products in bulk directly from brands or manufacturers before selling them online.

An easy and "low-risk" way of getting some experience in the world of online retail arbitrage, Grant says, is to simply start with a few items you already own, but rarely use, and try to sell them online through Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, eBay, or even Amazon. From there, you can take your profits and reinvest them by buying items from "a garage sale, or thrift store, or even a retail store on clearance" before selling those items online, as well. Repeating that same formula over and over again for several years, while reinvesting profits in the business, is essentially how Grant grew his multimillion-dollar business.

Soon, Grant learned the basics of business by buying low, listing on Amazon, selling high and repeating. Using this plan, he left his accountant job and started a part-time gig that he says now generates almost $4 million dollars in revenue.

A big concern for potential arbitrageurs is the possibility that you are doing something illegal, wrong, or untoward. Somehow, buying items at a low price and selling them at a higher price feels like getting away with something.

Gem Wholesale have been selling ex-catalog customer returns and clearance stock for over 40 years. They have two large warehouses in North Wales, and their website is updated with new liquidation stock daily.

Selling liquidation stock is a popular but challenging business model. Rookie sellers often believe they can make huge profits by buying cheap inventory and selling it at the full retail price. But profit margins often fall far shorter than planned.

For me, I track purchases for resale using a cheap day planner for buying only. One of those ones that has a page or space for every day of the year. It lives in my car and when I buy, I simply write down the date, what the item is, the addresss of the garage sale (or general area) and how much I paid. Kind of a pain for great hauls, but it's what I do. I'll buy any cheap one I can find, even if it's a clearance item from last year or whatever. I ignore the printed dates/days if I need to....it's having an ongoing record that's more important.

Unfortunately, I had no luck at Big Lots. Some cheap bracelets at Walmart admittedly stood out to me, but most of what I purchased came from Target: red sticker clearance items are great places to start reselling.

Through my research though, I found that it was nearly impossible to make money reselling name brand luxury items. In fact, they were almost universally selling for less on eBay than they were in the store, even when they were on clearance.

Another flipping business that might be worth exploring is simply buying clearance items locally, and reselling them for a profit on Amazon. This is known as Amazon FBA clearance arbitrage or retail arbitrage.

Hey this is Tj, I have a couple questions about buying reselling shoes. I have a pretty good knowledge of shoes and which ones that has a higher resell value, for instance I just bought the off-white UNC 1s for $400.00 and I have a buyer that is wanting to pay over $1,000 for them. I am wanting to know about buying shoes in bulk and being able to make $5,000 a month or so buying and reselling shoes if you could email me at tjturner23@yahoo.com that would be great! Thanks.

I need to clear some stock and I am already using some clearance website. Is there any other way I can sale it out quickly? I would love to use ebay but my ebay account is already selling restricted. All suggestions will be more than welcome.

After selling the few rare gems I picked out the pallet I managed to just about break even.. Selling on ebay is ok but the postage on small kitchen appliances is anything from 15 to 20 an item so eats into your profits very quickly..

After buying from a liquidator, how does one keep eBay from suspending your account do to selling branded material. It is my impression that a liquidator is considered a distributor of the branded product and can legally be sold on eBay Thanks David

If you know what you're looking for, buying and reselling on eBay can be a profitable business. You might be able to pick up something at a good price outside its peak selling season, or buy items in bulk and sell them on individually. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Carter Wilson
    Carter Wilson
  • Hermiane Cielle
    Hermiane Cielle
  • Emma Hendry
    Emma Hendry
  • Jack
    Jack
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page